Casey Cardinia Libraries is part of the Swift Library Consortium, a co-operative network of libraries across Victoria and New South Wales.
The Swift Consortium gives you free access to more than 3 million items across 150 library branches in these states.
Best of all, you can request these items from any participating library.
There are a few things we’d like you to know before you start borrowing. This will help ensure a smooth inter-library loan experience:
- Before you request an item, make sure you check the catalogue to see whether it is already held in Swift, and if so, place a hold for it. These holds are free.
- Any item available on our catalogue is not considered an inter-library loan, and holds on these items will remain free of charge.
- If you are unable to find it there, you can either try searching for it on Library Link Victoria and placing a request yourself, or contact us and we will be happy to assist you further.
- Any items requested in Library Link Victoria will incur a $5 charge.
- In cases where items are only held by non-public libraries, additional charges may apply. These are imposed by the owning library and cost $16.50
For more information, please ask staff at your local library.