Casey Cardinia Libraries provides free Wi-Fi to all library users, subject to the following conditions
Wi-Fi users shall not:
- use the wireless internet connection for any illegal, unauthorised or dangerous purpose, including, without limitation
unsolicited commercial email
- copy or publish any information for which they are not the intellectual property owner or are authorised to publish and is defamatory
- interfere with the network of disrupt any other user, service or equipment
- use or connect to any unauthorised hardware or software
- view materials which other users may find offensive, including
- Pornographic or sexually inappropriate material
- Racist or hate based sites
- Sites promoting or supporting violence or other anti-social activities.
A breach of these conditions whilst using the library’s Wi-Fi connection will result in disconnection and removal from the library premises.
Please be aware:
- Information is not protected while using the wireless connection. No one should transmit sensitive or personal information over the wireless hotspot, including, bank account details, passwords, etc.
- A user should ensure that they have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop or personal device.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance in configuring a device.
- There is no guarantee a device will work with the network.
- Casey Cardinia Libraries assumes no responsibility or liability for the safety or security of any personal equipment resulting from the connection to the Library’s wireless network.
Conditions of Use – Public PCs and Speciality Computer
- Casey Cardinia Libraries provides free public access to the Internet, selected Microsoft Office products, and genealogy resources during opening hours at our branches. Charges apply for printing.
- Bookings to use the PCs are required and can be made by telephone or in person up to three days in advance.
- Sessions are for up to one hour. Extensions of time may be offered, if the PC is not booked by another user.
- Staff can provide you with some basic guidance but time constraints mean that they are not able to teach you how to use these resources.
- These terms and conditions apply to your use of computer equipment supplied by Casey Cardinia Library Corporation of 65 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne, 3977.
- Members must have their own current library card in order to use a PC.
- Material displayed on the screen must be appropriate for a public access site.
- Users wishing to save data may use their own USB drive. You can purchase a USB drive from the library.
- No liability is accepted for any loss or damage caused by the use of the workstation or by the transmission of computer viruses.
- Users wishing to print must pay the current charge per page.
- No more than 2 people at a time are to use a workstation.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for use of workstations by people under the age of 18. Permission can be given for ongoing use of the library’s PCs or per booking.
- Users are not to adjust, change or tamper with settings on the workstations or printers.
You shall not:
- Use the computer equipment for any illegal, unauthorized or dangerous purpose, including, without limitation, unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- Copy or publish any information for which you are not the intellectual property owner or are authorized to publish or is defamatory;
- Interfere with the network or disrupt any other user, service or equipment;
- Use or connect to any unauthorized software or hardware;
- Use the computer equipment to view pornographic or other materials which other users may find offensive.
A breach of any of these conditions of use will result in the withdrawal of privileges.