Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app or using the Libby website on your computer (or to get e-books for your e-reader). Borrow up to 15 ebooks and/or eaudiobooks at a time, or unlimited magazines, for a two week period !
- For devices, install the Libby app and then download your favourite e-magazines, e-books and e-audiobooks to read and/or listen to.
- For PC, access via the Libby website
- To read e-books on your computer/laptop, or to transfer to an e-reader, you will need Adobe Digital Editions.
- The following Kobo ereaders however, can have direct downloads: Nia, Libra H20, Forma, Aura ONE, Aura H20 Edition 2, Aura Edition 2, Clara HD. Find out more.
Check out our FAQ for more information.
For Apple and Google devices
Starting with Libby
Libby takes you step by step through the process.
- In the Libby app or on the Libby website, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a current library membership.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app/computer, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!
- Libby Help website
- On the app, tap the Libby image at top right and then Get some Help, under Help and Support