Our new catalogue has brought significant searching improvements and great new features, but as with any work in progress, there are a few annoyances that you need to be aware of.
- Copies on shelf at your Library Service at the bottom of each catalogue record refers to all sixteen library services in our catalogue, not just Casey-Cardinia libraries
- There are some problems with cancelling holds through the OPACs in our libraries - placing holds are working fine - this problem does not apply outside the library
- Some titles are not showing up in results if the original catalogue record has an '&' in the title, but is searched for with 'and'. Until this is resolved it is best not to use either in a search
- When using the catalogue you may get an error message of 'Application error'. This is usually resolved by refreshing the page.
- The date format issue, which can be resolved using these instructions
We are working with our catalogue software provider to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing any other problems, we would appreciate hearing about them - you can use our feedback form.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these issues.