Your Library invites you to participate in the Summer Read 2013.
The program, delivered in partnership with the State Library of Victoria, is based on 10 selected books, fiction and non-fiction, written by Victorians or set in Victoria. This adult reader-engagement program takes place over summer, when many Victorians have time to enjoy reading.
The ten selected books will appeal to readers with a broad range of tastes – crime, humour, popular and literary fiction, biography and memoir.
After the often hectic pace of life throughout the year, the Summer Read encourages us all to relax and recharge – and the best way to do that is with a terrific book.
Readers also have the chance to win fantastic prizes by filling out an entry form at your local library.
The 2013 Summer Read books are:
- Currawalli Street, Christopher Morgan (fiction)
- Deranged marriage, Sushi Das (biography)
- Horrible man: sinister secrets and truths untold – the Portland hair salon murders, Leonie Wallace (true crime)
- In her blood, Annie Hauxwell (crime fiction)
- Lola Bensky, Lily Brett (fiction)
- Speechless: a year in my father's business, James Button (biography)
- The happiness show, Catherine Deveny (fiction)
- The longing, Candice Bruce (fiction)
- The memory of salt, Alice Melike Ulgezer (fiction)
- True north: the story of Mary and Elizabeth Durack, Belinda Niall (biography).
The Summer Read competition will run from 2 January to 3 March 2013.