Each year we do a review of what has happened at your library during those 12 months. Yep, you guessed it, here it is. Check it out as you may discover something new about your library that you didn't know.
- Increased DVD loan limit - permanently increased from 5 to 10 per library card
- New catalogue - which was unfortunately then withdrawn again due to performance issues
- Apps galore - for our Bolinda e-audiobooks (Borrowbox), for our Transparent Language Online language learning, for our free Freegal music downloads and for our catalogue (Bookmyne) (mouseover the images at the top right of the library website and then click the one you want to find out more....)
- New online resources - Lifelong Learning - tutoring for adults, British Newspaper Archive and Find my Past - new genealogy resources (click on Online Resources at the top of the library webpage, to find out more.....)
- Motor manuals available for loan - moved out of reference and into the lending collections at all branches
- Downloadable audio available via the catalogue - so you can now choose the format from a multiple of those available
- Visits from well known authors John Marsden and Garth Nix
- New Titles in the catalogue - lists showing what has been added to our records in a variety of formats and updated monthly
- Reading Room and Study Help - focused webpages to meet the needs of readers and students
- Narre Warren rearrangement - reorganisation of the non-fiction collections and shorter shelving - to give a clearer view of the branch
- Online event bookings - you can now book yourself into library events and receive email reminders
- New Library Website - we snuck this one in.....
Much more has happened in your local library that we can express in twelve points and there is much more to come as well.
But in the meantime, on behalf of the staff and management of Casey-Cardinia Library Corporation, here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.