The new Zinio for Libraries app is out and it now allows you to login via the app, rather than just using it as a reader once e-magazines have been borrowed.
However, the complete functionality of Zinio still does not reside entirely in the app, so you will end up with a combination of app and website interactions when using it.
To help you navigate the new interactions, here is how it works.
For existing users:
- Login to the Zinio for Libraries using the email address and password for your Zinio account
- Any magazines you have already checked out, will be there for you to download and read
- If you wish to checkout/browse more magazines, tap Checkout Magazines at the bottom right of the Zinio for Libraries main page
- Your device will open the Zinio website in a browser. Tap Zinio e-magazines.
- Browse or search, then when you find a magazine issue you want, tap the title and then tap the blue Checkout button below the magazine details.
- Once you have successfully checked out the title, close the web browser and return to the app
- Drag the screen down with your finger - this will refresh the app and display your newly borrowed magazine. (you may need to do this a couple of times, or wait a few minutes).
For new users:
- Go to the library website, open the e-Books page (in the top menu bar), then follow the links to e-magazines with Zinio
- At top right, click Create New Account
- Start the registration process by entering your current library card number and then entering other details as requested
- Once you have registered, you can borrow e-magazines through the website, or download the Zinio for Libraries app from the App Store or the Play Store and then follow the steps as for existing users.