Each year we do a review of what has happened at your library during the last 12 months.
And here we are again. Check it out, as you may discover something new about your library that you didn't know.
- Launched our new catalogue (again) - this time successfully!
- Introduced both e-books and e-magazines - also very successfully
- Extended hours at Emerald Library - now open Mondays at 11am
- Launched our Oral Histories collection
- iMacs and digital devices for use in the library - were launched
- Book Swamp - our new kids blog was launched
- Cardinia Mobile Library got a new cab to truck them both high and low
- Twitter - we launched our presence on this social media platform to complement our Facebook presence
- Casey Cultural Precinct was announced - which will include a new, larger, Narre Warren Library
- Reset Library Card PIN - library user can do this now for themselves, from a link under Help on the library catalogue
- New online resources added, included Living in Australia for English learners and the fun Busy Things for kids 3 -7 years
- SMS courtesy reminders and email and SMS overdue notices were launched - 75% of our holds notices are now electronic
Much more has happened in your local library that we can express in twelve points and there is much more to come as well.
But in the meantime, on behalf of the staff and management of Casey-Cardinia Library Corporation, here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.