For more specialised queries about local history, we offer a Local History Enquiry service.
Historical local newspapers available are:
Other issues of these newpapers may be available from the Local History Archive - contact us - or the State Library of Victoria's newspaper department on (03) 8664 7000.
The National Library of Australia is also digitising historic newspapers, including the Argus from Victoria. This newspaper is fully searchable at the
The following local papers are also now available through Trove: (National Library of Australia)
- Berwick Shire News and Pakenham and Cranbourne Gazette (Berwick, Vic. : 1914 - 1917)
- Bunyip Free Press and Berwick Shire Guardian (Vic. : 1914 - 1915)
- Dandenong Advertiser and Cranbourne, Berwick and Oakleigh Advocate (Vic. : 1914 - 1918)
- Kooweerup Sun, Lang Lang Guardian and Cranbourne Shire Record (Vic. : 1918)
- Lang Lang Guardian (Vic. : 1914 - 1918)
- Pakenham Gazette and Berwick Shire News (Pakenham East, Vic. : 1917 - 1918)
- South Bourke and Mornington Journal (Richmond, Vic. : 1872 - 1920)
Historic Rate and Minute Books
Casey-Cardinia Library Corporation now offers patrons access to the rate and minute book records generated by the former Shires of Cranbourne, Berwick and Pakenham. This is a joint, staged project between the Cardinia Shire, the City of Casey and the Library Corporation. The records are being microfilmed for long- term preservation and scanned onto CD ROM for everyday use in our Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Pakenham Libraries ONLY.