Free WiFi is available to patrons who have their own WiFi standard equipped laptop or other wireless device at our branches.
You can freely connect to the library network, then just accept the Conditions of Use by pressing the Continue to the Internet button and you will have an internet connection for four hours. At the end of this time, re-accept the Conditions of Use to continue.
Printing is NOT available from the wireless network at this time.
WiFi Conditions of Use
Wi-Fi users shall not use the wireless internet connection for any illegal, unauthorised or dangerous purpose, including, without limitation,
- unsolicited commercial email.
- copy or publish any information for which they are not the intellectual property owner or are authorised to publish and is defamatory.
- interfere with the network of disrupt any other user, service or equipment.
- use or connect to any authorised hardware or software.
- access inappropriate sites or allow inappropriate images to be displayed on screen, including
- Pornographic or sexually inappropriate material
- Racist or hate based sites
- Sites promoting or supporting violence or other anti-social activities.
A breach of these conditions whilst using the library’s Wi-Fi connection will result in disconnection and removal from the library premises.
Please be aware:
- Information is not protected while using the wireless connection. No one should transmit sensitive or personal information over the wireless hotspot, including, bank account details, passwords, etc.
- A user should ensure that they have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop or PDA.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance in configuring a laptop or PDA. There is no guarantee a device will work with the network.
- The Library Corporation assumes no responsibility or liability for the safety or security of any persons or personal equipment resulting from the connection to the Library’s wireless network.
Casey-Cardinia Library Corporation provides FREE public access to the Internet, selected Microsoft Office products and genealogy resources during opening hours at our branches. Charges apply for priting and users have the option to purchasing a USB device (or you can bring your own USB device) for saving content.
iMac computers are also available at Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Pakenham Libraries for creative uses. They have iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband and Adobe Creative Suite installed and can be booked for up to two hours. (see staff)
Two speciality computers are available at Narre Warren and Pakenham Libraries with CAD, House Plans and Statistical Analysis software. When using this software, bookings can be made for up to two hours. (see staff)
Bookings to use the PCs/iMacs are required and can be made by telephone or in person up to three days in advance.
Sessions are for up to one hour per day. Extensions of time may be offered, if the PC is not booked by another user.
Staff can provide you with some basic guidance but time constraints mean that they are not able to teach you how to use these resources.
In addition to the conditions of use of the Library service, these conditions apply to the use of the Internet and computer workstations. You will also find a detailed terms and conditions statement displayed near the library PC workstations for your information.
Access to the Internet and electronic resources is free. Users wishing to print must pay the current charge per page.
You must use your own current library card to make a booking to use a workstation.
Material displayed on the screen must be appropriate to a public access site and users are not to adjust, change or tamper with settings on the workstations or printers.
No more than two people at a time are to use a workstation and children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of workstations by people under the age of 18.
Users wishing to save data may use their own USB device or may purchase a USB device from the library at a minimal cost. No liability is accepted for any loss or damage caused by the use of the workstation or by the transmission of computer viruses.
A breach of any of these conditions of use will result in the withdrawal of membership privileges.
Please note that it is not possible to process your tax return via e-tax using the library's public internet pcs and wireless network. The Australian Taxation Office requires a direct connection to their servers, not via a proxy server. This is not supported by the library network.
For further information, visit the Australian Taxation Office website.