User ID and PIN
Your User ID and PIN allows you to place holds and login to the My Account area of the catalogue, where you can see what you have borrowed, renew items, check or delete holds and check any fines.
- Your User ID is your library card number with an A at the front. eg. Library Card number 1234567 = User ID: A1234567. (cards ending in A replace with – eg. A123456A = A123456-)
- Your PIN is the one you gave us when you joined the library.
- If you haven’t given us a PIN or have forgotten it, please try the last four numbers of your library card number as the PIN
(Note: if your card number ends in an A, replace it with – eg. 456A = 456-)
- If you can’t remember your PIN, please contact the library, or you can reset your PIN online (only if you have an email address on your library account)
- If your PIN is the last four numbers on your card, we encourage you to change it to something else that you will remember (you can do this through the catalogue, please see instructions on the next page)
My Account – a quick summary
Once logged in to My Account, you can:
- Opt to change your PIN
- Check what you have on loan and when it is due
- Renew items (if possible)
- Check your holds and whether any are available for pickup
- Cancel any holds you no longer require
- Check any outstanding fines and what they are for
All your preferences are recorded under My Account. You can:
- Set which branch you would like to collect your holds from (then you don’t have to specify each time you place a hold)
- Change your PIN (if you are using the default, this is encouraged to protect your privacy)
- Change the Tab which My Account opens to
To do so you must first Login.
1. Go to the library website at http://www.cclc.vic.gov.au
2. Click on the link to the catalogue at the top of the screen
3. Click on the Log In at the top right of the catalogue screen.
The login box appears as a pop-up, so you must have these enabled on your PC.
4. Type in your User ID and PIN and click the Login button.
5. Once you are logged in, you will see your name and a link to Log Out at the top right of the screen.
6. Click on the My Account link at the top right of screen.
Changing your PIN
If your PIN is the default last four numbers on your library card, we encourage you to change it, as many people know this default, leaving your details at risk of being accessed. (If you don’t know your current PIN, please contact your library)
To change your PIN, click on the Change PIN Tab underneath the personal details tab. The Tab expands like this:
Enter your Current PIN, then your new PIN and then again to confirm. (your new PIN must be between 4 and 10 characters and can only use letter and numbers) and then click Update. Your new PIN is now saved.
My Account Opening
To change which Tab the My Account link opens, click on the Preferences tab below the Change Pin tab. The Tab expands like this:
Click on the down arrow next to Default My Account Tab and change it by clicking on your choice (see below), the click Update.
Preferred Pickup Library
If you no longer use the library you joined at, or it’s easier to use another CCLC library, you may want to change your deferred pick-up library. This will save you having to specify which library you want to collect your holds from, every time you place a hold.
To change your Preferred Pickup Library, click on the Preferences tab under the Change Pin tab. The Tab expands like this:
Click on the down arrow next to Preferred Pickup Library and change it by clicking on your choice (see below), the click Update.